For most, the reason for having a website is that they want to GROW THEIR BUSINESS
If you are not on the internet you can’t be found by all those searching for businesses like yours.
Will a web site help grow your business?
The answer is yes, as long as you do it properly. A bad website can also turn customers away. A website design that provides a good user experience and is optimised for search engines will bring you new clients.
How will a website grow my business?
To answer this let us look at some of the research, perceptions and expectations that support that:
- Google research tells us that 52% of people used the internet to research their next purchase of products or services.
- When customers search for products and services like yours you will show up in the search results
- You have the opportunity to showcase your products and services
- People use the internet like they used to use the phone book
- Your customers expect it
- It provides social proof that you are a reputable business
- You control what people read about your business, unlike Social Media where you are at the mercy of customer reviews and comments
- You have the opportunity to educate your customers about your value proposition
- Web pages provide more bang for your buck compared to other marketing channels
- Your competitors have websites
- Your website is open 24 hours a day answering questions
- Google tells us that there are thousands of searches a month for most types of products and services
If your website is found will people buy?
Google tells us that 26% of the people who searched the web for a business were happy to go with the first one they found on the internet that provided them with what they wanted. This is good if you are the first business listed in the search results.
But there is still hope with 32% of the people comparing 2 businesses and 23% of the people comparing 3 businesses and so on. This does not mean you need to be listed in the first three to be selected. When you look at search results there are often results that people skip over because the web description does not fit with their expectations or when they visit the website it does not deliver what they are looking for.
A good website with the right kind of content and good web design will give your customers the experience they are searching for. Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) will help you to determine the best content to have on your website so you will rank higher in the search results. eMarketing will allow you to be featured in search ads directing potential customers to your website.